Do you know: How to get verification on Instagram
Do you know: How to get Business
verification on Instagram
I know you all might be waiting for getting a blue tick for your business profiles since ages. It’s finally here! earlier, it was nearly impossible to get the blue Instagram verified account tick mark! This blue verification tick you see besides your Instagram profile is a sign of status.
Until now, Only the most popular and influential Instagrammers was able to see it. In fact, it was incredibly difficult for businesses to get verified on Instagram.
Most of the other social networking sites have similar verification or status symbols. It’s not a surprise for users that Facebook also operates a similar verification scheme throughout the year and using a white tick on a blue background as its verification symbol. Twitter has its Profile Verification system since 2009, and it has one of the hardest criteria to verify your profile. Pinterest also allows you to verify your website, celebrity, and other influencer accounts easily.
What is a verified badge on Instagram Means?
What does this blue tick badge actually means, why are people are so obsessed with accounts which get verified on Instagram .?
A verified badge is a blue tick that appears next to your profile or official Instagram business page. It means Instagram has confirmed that this account has an authentic audience and is also having a huge presence over the social media due to fans of the public figure, celebrity or global brand it represents.
Why You’d Want to Be Verified on Instagram
You might need that status symbol?
Does the coveted blue badge really mean anything?
How does it going to affect your business?
It does really mean a lot for maintaining the high engaging profile on Instagram! Your business will get some pretty cool benefits which can make a real difference in your Instagram marketing. It is going to affect your business in many ways. It will not only help you to generate user trust, authenticity and credibility but also it will give you more and more engagements on search, hashtags and your business will definitely get more eyeballs.
How to get verified on Instagram
Now, the question arises here that how you can get verified on Instagram.?
In order to get a verified badge on Instagram, you have to follow the guidelines given by Instagram and also have to share some of your information which identifies you as the REAL & Authentic you. Applying for this only takes a few moments.
You can click here to know more about how to get verified on Instagram and get verification badge.
- First of all, Open the Updated Instagram Mobile app, Logged in and Click on the “Settings” gear.
- Then after scrolling, You will find so many options just tap Request Verification
- Now, you need to type in your valid account name, full name, and a government-approved photo of your ID if you’re a person, or a legal or business ID if you have an Instagram for Business account.
- At last, Don’t forget to Hit Send Button
What are the parameters to apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
Instagram has given detailed guidelines for this & they will consider different factors when evaluating your Instagram accounts to determine if they’re in the public interest and are meeting the profile verification criteria.
In addition to following Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, your account also needs to be:
- Highly Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Be Unique: Your account must have the unique presence of the person or business it tends to represent. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. They are not verifying general interest accounts as of now (example: @funnypuppy)
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Your profile should not contain any kind of “add me” links to other social media channels.
- Notable: Also, Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. They only review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and they are not considering paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, They will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
“Will my application be approved?”
This seal of trust, authenticity, and credibility from Instagram is in very high demand, which is precisely why they won’t verify any and every account and they followed very high standards while considering any request for account verification. If everyone could get verified on Instagram, the designation would lose its value.
So, it depends on whether your account meets all the qualifications…
What Happens After You Apply to Get Verified on Instagram?
According to Instagram, once your request is being reviewed, you’ll receive a notification letting you know if your account has been verified or not.
If your request is denied, you have to wait 30 days before submitting a new request. If your request is granted, you verified badge should appear on your account right away.
And that’s it! Beyond its exclusivity, getting verified on Instagram is a great way to build trust, authenticity, and credibility because it shows that you’re a running a real business.
That’s why you should definitely apply to get verified on Instagram if you think you meet all the above-mentioned requirements. And even if you’re not sure you make the cut, there’s no harm in crossing your fingers and giving it a try!