Facebook is Suspending Cambridge Analytica & SCL Group
Yesterday, Fb Co-Founder Mark Zuckerberg announced measures which fb is taking to better prevent & securing it’s users data, there are given reports that Cambridge Analytica may still be in possession of Facebook user data that was improperly obtained.
Protecting people’s database is the most important thing we do it on facebook.
What happened with Cambridge Analytica was a breach of Facebook’s trust. More importantly, it was a breach of the trust people place in Facebook to protect their data when they share it.
Facebook has shared detailed information on the steps they have taken to prevent misuse of fb platform in a post ( See Below) :
Also Read: Snapchat Smart Spectacles
- Review our platform – They will investigate all apps that had access to large amounts of information before we changed our platform in 2014 to reduce data access, and we will conduct a full audit of any app with suspicious activity.
- Tell people about data misuse – We will tell people affected by apps that have misused their data. This includes building a way for people to know if their data might have been accessed via “#thisisyourdigitallife.”
- Turn off access for unused apps – If someone hasn’t used an app within the last three months, we will turn off the app’s access to their information.
- Restrict Facebook Login data – We are changing Login so that in the next version, we will reduce the data that an app can request without app review to include only name, profile photo and email address.
- Encourage people to manage the apps they use – We already show people what apps their accounts are connected to and control what data they’ve permitted those apps to use.
- Reward people who find vulnerabilities – In the coming weeks, we will expand Facebook’s bug bounty program so that people can also report to us if they find misuses of data by app developers.
Facebook is finnaly suspending Cambridge Analytica
The claim that this is a data breach is completely false, Aleksandr Kogan requested and gained access to information from users who chose to sign up for his app, and everyone involved gave their consent.
People those who are interested are providing their information, no systems were infiltrated, and no passwords or sensitive pieces of information were stolen or hacked.
Facebook is going to suspending Strategic Communication Laboratories (SCL), including their political data analytics firm, Cambridge Analytica, from Facebook.
Given the public prominence of there organization, they want to take a moment to explain how they had takes this decision and why.
We are sharing the latest interview with Mark Zuckerberg on CNN:
Stay Updated with TheBlogz.in
Also published on Medium.